- 350g asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces
- 125g baby spinach
- 100g extra-light soft cheese (we used Lightest Philadelphia)
- 1½tbsp vegetarian basil pesto
- 8 eggs
- 400g mixed baby tomatoes, halved
- 100g olive bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Put the asparagus in a heatproof bowl, cover and microwave for 2 min or until just tender, then add the spinach and heat for a further 30 sec or until wilted (or use a steamer). Divide the veg among 4 x 400–500ml shallow ovenproof dishes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cheese with 2tbsp water and the pesto, then pour into the dishes to cover the veg. Make 2 small indents in the mixture in each dish, then crack 2 eggs into each. Bake for 20 min or until the egg whites are set.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, bread, onion, balsamic vinegar and half the basil in a medium salad bowl. Season with ground black pepper, toss gently to combine, then garnish with the remaining basil. Serve alongside the baked green eggs.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
353kcal 24.8g 17.8g 4.6g 4.6g 7.8g 1.1g 182mg 21.2g 3.8mg