- 6 matcha green tea bags
- 425ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2tbsp custard powder
- 3tbsp agave nectar
- 170g pot fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Fresh mint sprigs, to decorate (optional)
- Put the tea bags in a small bowl and cover with 5tbsp boiling water from the kettle. Set aside to soak for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, put the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring up to simmering point. Take off the heat, then add the tea bags and any soaking liquid left in the bowl. Set aside for 15 min to infuse, stirring occasionally. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing all the liquid out of the tea bags.
- Mix the custard powder and agave nectar in a bowl or jug with about 100ml of the tea-infused milk to make a paste. Mix the paste into the rest of the milk, then pour back into the saucepan and put back on the heat. Warm gently, stirring, until the custard has thickened so it coats the back of a spoon (don’t boil). Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Stir the yogurt and vanilla paste or extract into the cooled custard, then pour the mixture into a freezerproof container and freeze for 1 hr 30 min.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and use a fork to mix the frozen parts with the non-frozen parts. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hr more or until soft-frozen.
- Scoop the ice cream into glasses or bowls, then serve decorated with fresh mint sprigs, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
92 5.1g 1.2g 0.8g 0.1g 10.7g 0.1g 115mg 15.7g 0mg