- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 450ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 175g quinoa
- 400g skin-on butternut squash, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thick strips
- 2 courgettes, sliced lengthways
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g vacuum-packed beetroot, cut into quarters
- 40g roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 70g mixed salad leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan (that has a lid) over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry for 5 min or until soft. Add the chilli, stock and quinoa and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer for 15–20 min until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan over a medium heat. Spray the squash, pepper and courgettes with oil. Add the squash to the pan and cook, turning once, for 8–10 min until charred and tender. Set aside, then add the courgettes and pepper to the pan, without crowding (work in 2 batches if necessary), and cook for 5 min, turning once, until tender.
- Cut the griddled veg into chunks, then fold into the quinoa. Divide among 4 bowls and top with the beetroot, almonds, feta and leaves. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
367kcal 16.5g 13.9g 3.2g 11g 18.7g 1.7g 236mg 47g 6mg