- 4 small aubergines (200–250g each), halved lengthways or thickly sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g can borlotti beans in water, drained
- 1tbsp avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2tsp toasted sesame seeds
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh mint leaves
- 70g baby rocket, to serve
- 200g low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp tahini
For the tahini yogurt
- Combine all the ingredients for the tahini yogurt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly spray the aubergines with oil, then put them in the pan, skin-side down, loosely cover with foil and cook for 8 min. Uncover and turn the aubergines, then cover again with the foil and cook for 5–6 min more until tender and golden.Transfer to a tray or platter and slash the flesh lengthways with a knife.
- Mix the beans with the oil and lemon juice, then spoon over the aubergines. Add a few dollops of the tahini yogurt, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds, mint and a grind of black pepper. Serve with the rocket and the rest of the tahini yogurt on the side.
Tip: For a more substantial meal, serve the aubergines with boiled new potatoes in their skins or wholemeal pitta bread.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
199kcal 11.2g 10.3g 1.9g 10.5g 8.1g 0.1g 213mg 15.8g 2.2mg