- 175g rice, rinsed
- 80g quinoa, rinsed
- 100ml rice vinegar
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 4 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 398g block firm tofu
- 3tbsp white miso paste
- 3tbsp mirin or sweet sherry
- 2tsp runny honey
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 125g spinach, roughly chopped
- 20g fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
- Put the rice and quinoa in a medium pan and cover with 500ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a very low heat for 15–20 min until the water is absorbed and the rice and quinoa are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice vinegar and sugar with 3tbsp hot water in a mixing bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the carrots and toss to coat, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and line a baking tray with baking paper. Slice the tofu into 1cm thick slices and pat dry with kitchen paper, then arrange
on the prepared baking tray. Combine the miso paste, mirin or sherry, honey and 2tbsp water in a jug and stir until combined and smooth. Brush or spoon
the sauce over the tofu slices, reserving a little. Cook the tofu under the grill for about 2–3 min on each side until it’s heated through and golden on top.
- Steam or microwave the green beans with the spinach and ginger for 2–3 min until tender-crisp, then toss in the sesame oil.
- 5 Spoon the reserved sauce over the tofu and serve with the carrots, green veg, rice and quinoa.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
455kcal 17.8g 9.1g 1.8g 8.5g 20.5g 2.5g 248mg 78.4g 4.7mg