- Cooking oil spray
- 150g squash, such as butternut, peeled and thinly sliced
- 125g asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick strips
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 spring onions, halved lengthways
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small aubergine, thiny sliced lengthways
- 150g reduced-fat halloumi, sliced
- 8 x 40g slices sourdough or crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 250g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat a griddle pan to high. Spray a little oil on both sides of the veg and cook, in batches, for 2–3 min on each side until charred. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Spray the halloumi all over with oil, then add to the pan and cook for 1 min on each side or until charred and soft. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Spray the bread on both sides with oil and toast in the pan for 1–2 min on each side until crisp. Transfer to a board, rub one side of each slice with the garlic, then spoon over the tomatoes. Top with the grilled vegetables and halloumi, scatter over the basil and season with ground black pepper. Serve straightaway.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
372 21.3g 9.8g 4.1g 8.3g 12.7g 2.3g 465mg 52.8g 3.8mg