- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated, juice lightly squeezed out
- 125g lean ham, diced
- 8 eggs
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh basil
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g leftover roasted vegetables, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2tbsp skimmed milk
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar, plus 1tbsp for the dressing
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 min or until softened. Add the garlic and courgette and cook, stirring, for 1–2 min. Add the roasted veg and ham and stir, then spread the mixture evenly around the pan.
- In a large jug, whisk the eggs and milk together and season with black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veg in the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 min or until the base is golden and set. Heat the grill to medium high.
- Put the frying pan under the grill and cook for 3–4 min until the top of the tortilla is set and golden. Remove and leave to cool for 5 min in the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the tomatoes, most of the basil and the 2tsp balsamic vinegar. Carefully invert the tortilla on to a clean board and cut into 8 wedges (or serve straight from the pan).
- Divide the wedges among 4 plates. Mix the remaining 1tbsp vinegar with the extra-virgin olive oil to make a vinaigrette. Serve the tortilla with the tomatoes and salad leaves drizzled with vinaigrette. Sprinkle over some black pepper and the remaining basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
399 30g 23g 6.1g 4g 11g 2.3g 141mg 15g 3.6mg