- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 mild fresh red or green chilli, sliced
- 250g fresh vine tomatoes, chopped
- 125ml chicken stock (made using ½ very low salt stock cube)
- 250g skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 100g baby spinach
- 150g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 250g pack ready-to-heat basmati rice
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min or until soft. Add the curry powder, chilli and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 min or until the tomatoes have cooked down. Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor with the stock and blend until smooth.
- Clean the pan, then return it to a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add the chicken and cook for 6–8 min until golden and almost cooked through. Add the blended sauce and simmer for 15 min. Stir in the spinach and 100g of the yogurt, then simmer for 2–3 min until the spinach has wilted. Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Stir most of the coriander into the curry. Serve with the rice, topped with the remaining yogurt and the rest of the coriander.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
441kcal 44.3g 5.3g 0.9g 5.6g 11.8g 0.6g 218mg 54.1g 5.4mg