- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), plus 20g extra, shaved, to decorate
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 6 egg whites
- 30g caster sugar
- Gently melt the 100g chocolate with the agave syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t let the water touch the bowl), stirring occasionally. It should take about 5 min for the chocolate to melt. Remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. Add the sugar and whisk until the egg whites become glossy.
- Fold a little of the whisked egg whites into the cooled chocolate mixture to loosen, then add the rest, little by little, taking care not to knock out the air. Divide the mousse among 6 glasses, then chill for at least 30 min.
- Top each mousse with chocolate shavings to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
139kcal 5.5g 7.2g 4.4g 1.7g 11.9g 0.2g 9mg 13.2g 0.4mg