- 1kg maris piper potatoes, cut into 1cm wide chips
- 1tbsp extra-virgin rapeseed oil
- 1 egg
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 70g dried breadcrumbs, lightly toasted in a dry pan
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, juice ½, plus wedges to serve
- 4 chunky sustainable white fish fillets (about 150g each) such as cod or pollock
- 100ml 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1½tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 small shallot or 2 spring onions, very finely chopped
- 2tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 350g garden peas, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Put the chips on the tray in a single layer, drizzle with the oil, season with black pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 40 min, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, line a smaller baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Beat the egg and mustard in a small shallow bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs and lemon zest in another. Dip each fish fillet into the egg to coat, then dip in the crumbs and put on the baking tray. When the chips have been cooking for 20 min, put the fish into the oven for 18–20 min.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, capers, shallot or spring onions and parsley with the lemon juice until well combined. Serve the fish and chips with a dollop of tartare sauce scattered with extra parsley, the lemon wedges to squeeze over, and the peas.
Nutrition per serving
489 43g 7.2g 1.5g 10.2g 8.6g 1g 121mg 59g 3.8mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.