User Review( vote)
Healthier knickerbocker glory
What better way to celebrate strawberry season than with a dessert. We've swapped the fruit for fresh and ice cream for frozen yogurt to make ours healthier.
Prep Time 30 min + setting and freezing
Cooking Time N/A
- 23g sachet sugar-free strawberry jelly
- 500ml tub vanilla frozen yogurt (we used Yoomoo)
- 300g strawberries, hulled
- 200g cherries, stones removed (leave 4 whole to decorate)
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 250g 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 8tbsp cornflakes
- 50g chopped roasted hazelnuts, to decorate
- Dissolve the jelly in 285ml boiling water. Set aside to cool, then put in the fridge for 2–3 hr or until set.
- Meanwhile, whiz the frozen yogurt with half the strawberries in a blender until combined. Transfer the mixture to a lidded container and freeze for 1–2 hr.
- Whiz half the remaining strawberries and all the pitted cherries in a blender until they form a smooth purée. Dissolve the agave syrup in 2tbsp water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once bubbling, stir in the fruit purée and heat for 3 min or until thickened. Set the sauce aside to cool, then push it through a fine sieve (discard the pips).
- Remove the frozen yogurt from the freezer to soften slightly. Mix the Greek yogurt and icing sugar together in a medium bowl. Slice the remaining strawberries.
- Drizzle the fruit sauce into the bottom of 4 tall glasses, then divide the cornflakes, the frozen yogurt and the jelly among them. Push the sliced strawberries down the sides of the glasses, then top with the sweetened Greek yogurt, the chopped hazelnuts and the whole cherries.