Healthier no-bake banana cheesecake
We’ve cut over 300 calories per slice from the classic cheesecake recipe, using banana to give a sweet creaminess to this dessert.
Prep Time 20 min + chilling
Cooking Time N/AHealthy Food Guide
- 75g water biscuits
- 125g light rich tea biscuits
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 3½tbsp agave nectar
- 75g low-fat spread, melted
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 4 gelatine leaves (we used Costa Fine Leaf from Waitrose and Ocado)
- About 3 ripe bananas (300g peeled weight)
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste
- 375g fat-free quark
- 280g pack light soft cheese (we used Philadelphia Light)
- 2tsp cocoa powder, sifted, to dust
- In a food processor, whiz the biscuits to make fine crumbs. Add the cinnamon, 1½tbsp of the agave nectar and the melted spread, then whiz again.
- Lightly spray a 20cm loose- bottom cake tin with oil, then press the biscuit mixture evenly into the bottom, using the back of a wet spoon. Chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 min. In a clean and dry food processor bowl, whiz the bananas, remaining agave nectar, vanilla bean paste, quark and soft cheese.
- Drain the soaked gelatine, then mix with 3tbsp boiling water until smooth and pour into the cream cheese mixture. Mix well, then pour over the chilled biscuit base. Return to the fridge and chill for at least 12 hr.
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
282kcal 13.2g 9.8g 3.6g 1.9g 18.8g 0.8g 133mg 35.8g 0.7mg