- 325g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 450ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large green courgette, shredded
- 1 large yellow courgette, finely sliced (or use another green one)
- 120g baby spinach
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 30g finely grated vegetarian parmesan-style cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of unsalted water according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until softened. Add the thyme and cook for a further 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the flour to the frying pan and stir to coat the onion. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Bring the mixture to the boil over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4–5 min until thickened. Add the courgettes and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until just tender.
- Add the spinach, mustard and cheese and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the spinach wilts. Add the spaghetti and toss to coat. Divide among 4 bowls, then season with ground black pepper to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
445kcal 21.1g 8.6g 3.4g 12.4g 2.5g 0.47g 336mg 64.3g 5.3mg