User Review( vote)
Healthier sausage rolls
If you look forward to sausage rolls all year, don’t worry – with our lighter versions of this party classics, even pastry gets the thumbs-up
Serves Makes 20
Prep Time 15 min
Cooking Time 20 min
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 300g lean pork mince
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, made into crumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped thyme
- ½tsp mixed spice
- 1tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 sheet (320g) ready-rolled ‘light’ puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Grease a non-stick baking tray with oil.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the pastry and the egg.
- Halve the pastry sheet lengthways to make 2 long rectangles. Divide the meat mixture in half, then put one half along the middle of one pastry strip to form a long sausage. Brush one long edge of the pastry with the egg, roll the pastry over and seal it together to form a long roll. Repeat with the remaining pastry rectangle.
- Cut each large roll into 10 pieces, then put them seam-side down on the tray. Slash the top of each roll a few times with a knife, then brush them lightly with egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 min or until dark golden. When cold, they will freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly and reaheat in a moderate oven until piping hot.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
96kcal 6.4g 4.1g 1.8g 0.8g 0.8g 0.3g 20mg 8.6g 0.5mg