- 8 large free-range chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp cayenne pepper or hot chilli powder
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- 50g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 100g gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- Sunflower oil spray
- Put the chicken, garlic, cayenne pepper or hot chilli powder, paprika and yogurt in a large food bag. Seal, then massage the flavourings into the meat. Put in the fridge and leave to marinate for 2 hr.
- About 15 min before you’re ready to cook, take the chicken out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature. At the same time, heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the cornflakes, thyme leaves and crushed peppercorns in a large bowl. Dip each drumstick into the crumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into the meat to coat. Put the coated drumsticks in the baking tray, spacing them apart, and spray all over with oil.
- Bake for 10 min, then reduce the heat to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5, turn the chicken and bake for 20 min more. Serve immediately.
To make a green salad to serve, shred 4 celery sticks and mix with 1 sliced green pepper, 2 sliced small apples, juice ½ lemon and 2 torn little gem lettuces. Toss gently.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
233kcal 24.4g 7.1g 1.4g 1.3g 2.1g 0.5g 42mg 19.5g 3.7mg