User Review( votes)
Healthier strawberry ice cream
Our healthy ice cream, made with fresh strawberries, has twice as much calcium as the original.
Prep Time 10 min + freezing
Cooking Time N/A
- 300g strawberries, hulled
- 1tbsp agave syrup
- 900ml low-fat vanilla ice cream (we used Carte D’or Light)
- 1tbsp chopped preserved ginger
- Fresh basil sprigs, to decorate
- Mash the strawberries with the agave in a mixing bowl until pulpy.
- Put the ice cream in a large bowl and press with the back of a spoon to just soften. Stir through the strawberry mixture and the ginger to create a rippled effect.
- Freeze in a lidded container for at least 6hr. Serve in small bowls, decorated with basil, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
99kcal 1.4g 2.3g 2.3g 2.8g 17.2g 0.1g 62mg 17.2g 0.1mg