- ½tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 600g boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- Spray oil
- 1 batch Veg-packed rich tomato sauce, thawed if frozen (see recipe)
- 50g sun-dried tomato paste
- 415g can baked beans
- 100g red lentils
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 250ml water
- 4 dried dates, chopped
- 3tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 500g frozen baby carrots, or thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 6 small wheatflour tortilla wraps
- 60g pesto mixed with 2tbsp cold water
- Fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook until softened. Spray the chicken with oil, add
to the pan and cook until sealed and just golden.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste, baked beans, lentils, sweetcorn, stock, dates and basil. Stir well. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 min.
- A few min before the end of the cooking time, steam or microwave the carrots. Heat the tortilla wraps according to the pack instructions, then spread with the pesto and roll up. Cut each wrap into 3 or 4 pinwheels and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Add the carrots to the cassoulet and season with black pepper. Serve topped with the pinwheels, garnished with the parsley, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
513kcal 34g 16g 3.7g 12g 17g 1.6g 120mg 50g 4.3mg