- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 300g skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1–2cm pieces
- 1tbsp reduced-salt taco seasoning
- 100g baby spinach
- 8 small wholegrain tortillas
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- Spray olive oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the black bean salad
- 1 small ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 250g baby plum tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2tbsp lime juice
- 4tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onions, garlic and pepper for 2 min. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until browned. Stir in the taco seasoning and cook for 4–5 min until the chicken is just cooked through. Stir through the spinach until wilted, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the black bean salad: combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Put 4 tortillas on a board and top with the chicken and spinach mixture. Evenly sprinkle over the cheese, then top each stack with another tortilla.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Cook the quesadillas, one at a time, until the cheese melts and they are golden on both sides.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the black bean salad on the side, with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
516 36g 18g 6.4g 12g 6.6g 1.1g 221mg 45g 2.7mg