- 3tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, plus extra to serve
- 2tbsp tikka curry paste (check it’s gluten free)
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets (around 400g), fat trimmed and each cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp cumin seeds, crushed, or 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 400g can no added salt chickpeas, drained
- 350g green beans, sliced
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat basmati rice
- 200g fresh spinach, trimmed and leaves chopped
- Combine the yogurt, curry paste and lemon juice in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 min.
- Heat the grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared tray and grill for 12–15 min until browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion for 5 min or until softened. Add the garlic, cumin and fennel, then cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the spices are fragrant. Add the chickpeas and green beans with 2tbsp water. Cook, stirring often, for 3 min or until the beans are almost tender.
- Add the rice and spinach to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until the rice is heated through and the spinach is just wilted. Stir through the lemon zest and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve rice with the chicken and an extra dollop of yogurt.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
506 36g 12g 2g 7.9g 8g 1g 256mg 56g 5.3mg