- 110g reduced-fat spread
- 70g soft brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 90g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 40g coconut flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp white chia seeds
- 40g good-quality white chocolate, melted
- 40g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the spread and sugar with electric beaters in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon, if using, and beat together well.
- Sift the flours together in a bowl, then fold into the spread mix with the baking powder. Fold in the chia seeds. Turn the mixture on to a lightly floured work surface and knead until just smooth.
- Divide the dough into
2 pieces. Roll out one portion on a sheet of lightly floured baking paper until about 3–4mm thick. Slide on to a tray and chill for about 10 min or until just firm. Repeat with the remaining portion.
- Cut the dough into Easter egg or bunny shapes using 7–8cm shaped cutters. Put the biscuits on the prepared trays and bake for 10–12 min until pale golden. Leave on the trays to cool.
- When the biscuits are cool, spoon the melted chocolates into 2 separate piping bags (or use food bags with a corner snipped off) and decorate the biscuits.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
77 1.2g 4.1g 1.6g 1.4g 4.8g 0.1g 18mg 8g 0.2mg