- 200g rice noodles
- 1tbsp peanut oil
- 2tbsp free-from laksa paste or red curry paste
- ½ can light coconut milk
- 200g firm white fish, cut into bite‑size pieces
- 4 jumbo prawns or 150g raw peeled prawns
- 250g asparagus or green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size lengths
- 2 carrots, julienned or chopped into fine matchsticks
- 125g red cabbage, shredded
- 125g beansprouts (optional – see tip)
- 6tbsp chopped fresh coriander and 25g peanuts, chopped, to serve
TIP Children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weakened immunity are advised to avoid eating raw beansprouts.
- Put the noodles in a large bowl, add boiling water to cover and soak for 10 min. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add the paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and 250ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the fish, prawns, asparagus or green beans and carrots. Simmer for 4–5 min until just cooked. Remove from the heat and stir through the cabbage.
- Divide the noodles among 4 bowls, spoon over the laksa and top with the beansprouts, if using, coriander and peanuts.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
427 23g 12g 4.8g 8g 7.7g 1.5g 95mg 52g 2.2mg