- 1 spring onion, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Small handful basil leaves
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ice cubes
- 50g feta, crumbled, to serve
- Put the spring onion, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, garlic and the basil leaves, reserving a few to garnish, in a blender and blitz for around 2 min until completely smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and some freshly ground pepper, and stir to mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning. If the soup seems too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of water and stir through.
- Chill 2 bowls, add 2 ice cubes to each, then divide the soup between them. Sprinkle over the feta, then garnish with the reserved basil.
COOK’S TIP: For a sharper taste, replace the lemon juice with 2tbsp red wine vinegar.
Adapted from The Balance Diet by Jennifer Irvine founder of purepackage.com.