- 500g broccoli, cut into large chunks (stem included)
- 200g reduced-fat hummus
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 85g dried white breadcrumbs, such as Paxo
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g low-fat natural yogurt
- 2tbsp chopped cucumber
- A few fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus extra to garish (optional)
- Small pinch sumac
- Spray olive oil
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150g salad leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Put the broccoli chunks into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles green rice.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli rice, hummus, eggs, breadcrumbs and garlic, season with black pepper and set aside for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the yogurt, cucumber, mint and sumac to make a sauce. Set aside.
- Shape the fritter mixture into 20 balls, then flatten each one slightly with the palm of your hand. Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Fry the fritters in batches for about 4–5 min on each side until golden brown.
- Combine the 1tbsp olive oil and the vinegar, then use to dress the salad leaves.
- Serve the fritters with the salad, yogurt sauce and lemon wedges, garnished with extra herbs, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
338 17g 14g 2.4g 9g 8.7g 0.8g 169mg 30g 2.5mg