- 40g cornflakes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried thyme
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4tbsp finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 30g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g firm skinless, boneless white fishfillets (such as cod loin), cut into strips
For the chips
- 450g parsnips, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150g raw beetroot, thinly sliced with a mandoline or vegetable peeler
- Spray olive oil
For the sweetcorn relish
- 196g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 150g pineapple, roughly chopped
- 1 small red or green chilli, sliced (and deseeded if you prefer a milder taste)
- 3 baby sweet peppers or 1 small pepper, diced
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the cornflakes in a large bowl and crush slightly to form crumbs. Add the dried oregano and thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley and breadcrumbs and stir to combine. Beat the egg and the oil together in a shallow dish.
- Arrange the parsnip slices on one of the prepared trays and the beetroot slices on another, then spray with oil. Roast the parsnips for 15 min, then turn and respray with oil. Add the tray with the beetroot to the oven and roast both trays together for a further 15–20 min.
- Meanwhile, dunk each fish strip into the egg mixture, then cover in
the crumb mix to coat evenly. Shake off any excess crumbs, then put the fish strips on to the third prepared baking tray and bake for 20–25 min until golden and cooked through.
- Put all the ingredients for the relish in a small food processor and whiz to form a chunky relish. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the fish strips with the veg chips and the sweetcorn relish on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
349 26g 8.5g 1.5g 9.8g 16.6g 0.5g 105mg 37.5g 4mg