- 175g soft pitted dates
- 125g mixed nuts (we used cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds)
- 175g (about 2 large) carrots, chopped
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- Spray oil
- Zest of ½ orange, to garnish
- 125g low-fat greek yogurt, or a dairy-free alternative, to serve
- Put the dates, nuts, carrots coconut, cinnamon and cocoa or cacao powder in a food processor and whiz until the mixture can be pressed together to form a ball. If it seems too dry, add a little water 1tsp at a time. Cover and chill for at least 1 hr.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. On a worksurface lined with another piece of non-stick baking paper, roll the mixture into a log shape, then slice it into 20 equal pieces.
- Spray a 4cm pastry cutter with oil, set it on the paper and press a piece of the mixture into it to form a mini cake, then unmould it. Repeat to form 20 cakes. Transfer the cakes to the prepared tray and chill until required.
- To serve, put a small dollop of yogurt on top of each cake and garnish with orange zest.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
91kcal 2.7g 6.3g 3.1g 2.3g 4.2g 0g 21mg 4.8g 0.4mg