- Cooking oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 150g lean back bacon, trimmed and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 250g brown rice, cooked according to the pack instructions, then quickly cooled
- 200g kale, shredded
- 1½tbsp ketjap manis, plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- Spray a wok with a little oil and put over a high heat. Add the eggs and swirl to coat the base of the wok. Cook for 1 min to make an omelette, then carefully remove and put on a clean surface. Roll up the omelette, thinly slice and set aside.
- Return the wok to a high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add the onion and bacon and stir-fry for 2 min or until the bacon is crisp. Add the garlic, celery and carrot and stir-fry for 1–2 min. Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 min, then add the kale and stir-fry for a further 2 min or until tender-crisp. Mix in the ketjap manis.
- To serve, top the fried rice with the sliced omelette, then drizzle with extra ketjap manis, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
231 10.5g 8.4g 2.7g 4.3g 8.1g 8.1g 91mg 30.1g 1.6mg