- Spray oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ x 400g can no added salt brown lentils, drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g rocket leaves
- ½ x 250g pack ready to heat freekeh, quinoa or lentils, heated
- 2 red peppers, halved lengthwise, cores removed
- 2tbsp grated parmesan-style vegetarian cheese
- 100g salad leaves, dressed with 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh herbs, such as basil, thyme or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 min. Stir in the brown lentils, tomatoes and rocket and warm through. Take off the heat, then add the freekeh, quinoa or lentils to the pan and combine well.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Set the pepper halves on a baking tray and spoon the filling into them. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 20–25 min until the peppers are soft and the cheese is golden. Serve with the salad and garnish with the herbs, if using.
TIP: These stuffed peppers can be prepared then frozen afterwards for a quick meal prepping recipe.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
377kcal 15g 13g 3.7g 12g 13g 0.2g 165mg 41g 3.3mg