- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, outer leaves removed, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2tbsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp dried rosemary
- 1tsp dried thyme
- ½tsp dried marjoram
- ½tsp dried basil
- 600ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin butter beans in water, drained
- 400g tin chickpeas in water, drained
- 200g jar artichoke hearts in water, drained
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add the onion, celery, carrots, parsnips, fennel and sweet potato and cook for about 5 min until the onion begins to soften.
- Stir in the herbs and continue to cook for a further 5 min. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the butter beans, chickpeas and artichoke hearts, then continue to simmer for a further 5 min. Season with black pepper to taste and serve.
Tip: The beans and chickpeas make this a filling meal, but if you want to make it more substantial, serve with couscous or quinoa.
Star ingredient: OREGANO Studies show that dried oregano is high in antioxidants that can help to protect against free radical damage. Plus, in lab studies, it’s been shown to inhibit the growth of bacteria.