- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2tsp sugar
- 1½tsp dried oregano
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced into 12 rounds
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, halved and sliced horizontally into 12 pieces
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and put over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 min or until soft. Add 125ml water, the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and half the oregano. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 min. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 min more.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potato rounds for 10–12 min until softened. Heat a griddle pan to high. Spray the steamed sweet potatoes and the chicken with a little oil. Cook for 2–3 min on each side until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are charred.
- To serve, stack three sweet potato rounds alternately with three chicken slices on each plate. Spoon over the tomato sauce, then sprinkle with the remaining oregano and some ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
314 33.4g 2.8g 0.7g 6.8g 16.5g 0.4g 85mg 41.4g 2.9mg