Healthier baked cheesecake
For the base
- Cooking oil spray
- 250g plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 40g low-fat spread, melted
- 1 egg white
For the topping
- 300g Philadelphia Lightest soft cheese
- 2 eggs
- 300g 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 30g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- Pulp 3 passionfruits
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and thinly sliced, and 125g ripe strawberries, halved, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a deep 18cm springform cake tin with oil.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until finely crushed. Add the melted spread and egg white, then process until combined. Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the prepared cake tin and set aside.
- Put the soft cheese, eggs, yogurt, flour and icing sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth, then pour over the biscuit base.
- Drizzle the passionfruit pulp over the topping, then swirl using a skewer. Put the tin on a baking sheet and bake for 45–50 min until the topping is just set. Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake inside to cool completely, with the door slightly ajar (this will take several hours). Transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 1 hr.
- Carefully remove the baked cheesecake from its tin and transfer to a cake stand or serving plate. Decorate with the mango slices and halved strawberries just before serving.
How it compares to a classic cheesecake recipe:
Classic cheesecake recipe per serving: 412kcal, 7.1g protein, 27g fat, 15.4g saturates, 36.9g carbs, 24.5g sugar, 0.3g fibre, 0.8g salt, 95mg calcium, 1.1mg iron
See below for HFG’s baked cheesecake nutrition per serving