- 2tsp reduced-salt stock powder
- 450g skinless chicken breasts
- 3 x 40g slices crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 prosciutto slices, fat trimmed
- 125g 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 anchovy, chopped
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp grated parmesan, plus 1tbsp parmesan shavings
- 3 little gem lettuces, leaves torn
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Half-fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the stock powder and chicken, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 6 min. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside, covered, for about 20 min or until the chicken is poached and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the liquid and set aside to cool, then shred with 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Rub the bread with the cut side of the garlic halves, then tear it into bite-size croutons. Put the croutons in 1 of the trays and spray with oil. Put the prosciutto in the second tray. Put both trays in the oven for 7–8 min, turning the croutons once. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then break the prosciutto into rough shards.
- Make a dressing by combining the yogurt, anchovy, parsley, lemon juice and grated parmesan in a bowl. Season to taste with ground black pepper.
- Toss the prosciutto shards, croutons, lettuce and shredded chicken in a large serving bowl. Gently stir through the hard-boiled eggs, then drizzle over the caesar dressing and sprinkle with the parmesan shavings and some ground black pepper to serve.
How it compares to a classic caesar salad recipe:
Classic caesar salad recipe per serving: 838kcal, 42g protein, 56g fat, 12g saturates, 37g carbs, 5g sugar, 6g fibre, 2.2g salt
See below for HFG’s caesar salad per serving