- Spray olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 220g wholemeal pizza dough
balls (or ready-made bases,
such as The Northern Dough Co,
available at Sainsbury’s)
- Flour, to dust
- 4tbsp basil pesto
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 100g ricotta
- 1½tbsp pine nuts
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- 200g green salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 240°C/fan 220°C/gas 9. Spray a large non-stick, lidded, frying pan with olive oil and sauté the onion over a medium heat for 3–4 min until softened. Add the spinach and garlic, cover and cook for 1 min, then toss until wilted. Set aside.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Roll out each dough ball on a lightly floured surface to about 28cm in diameter. Transfer the bases to the prepared trays, then spread each with pesto, top with the spinach mixture and scatter evenly with the tomatoes.
- Make 2 slight indentations in each base and crack an egg into each. Scatter the pizzas with spoonfuls of ricotta, followed by the pine nuts.
- Bake for 12 min or until the crusts are crisp and the eggs are almost set. Season with black pepper, garnish with basil, then slice and serve with the green salad.
TIP:Add deseeded, sliced chilli to the onions for extra kick l Swap the pesto for 5tbsp passata to reduce the calories to 421 and the fat to 13g per serving.
Nutrition per serving
478kcal 22.2g 19.4g 4.7g 2.5g 4.7g 2.2g 243mg 52.4g 2.9mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.