- 150g mangetout, trimmed and shredded
- 2tbsp hoisin sauce
- Juice ½ lime
- 250g cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 16 x 20cm rice pancakes
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 16 large fresh mint leaves
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce, to serve
- Put the mangetout in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Blanch for 30 sec, then rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- In a medium bowl, mix the hoisin sauce with the lime juice and a good pinch of ground white pepper. Add the chicken and toss together.
- Soak the rice pancakes by dipping them individually into a bowl of hot water for 10–20 sec, then putting them on clean kitchen towels to absorb any excess water.
- Put a few chicken shreds in the centre of each rice pancake. Drizzle with a little of the hoisin mixture from the bowl, then top each with some mangetout, pepper and carrot slices and 1 mint leaf – but don’t overfill as the pancakes will tear.
- Lightly oil a serving plate. Roll up the rice pancakes to enclose the filling, tucking in the ends, to form spring rolls. As you finish each one, put it on the plate under a slightly damp cloth to prevent it sticking or drying out as you fill the others. Serve with the soy sauce in a bowl for dipping.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
174 5.8g 0.8g 0.2g 0.9g 2.3g 0.4g 8mg 10.3g 0.2mg