- Cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 410g tin mixed beans in spicy sauce
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 8 eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted, to serve
- Spray a large shallow frying pan (which has a lid) with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook for 3 min or until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3 min or until they begin to burst. Add the beans and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 2 min.
- Simmer gently for 5 min or until the mixture is thick. Use the back of a spoon to make 8 small wells in the tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each well, then cover the pan with the lid and cook for 3–4 min until the eggs have set to your liking.
- Divide the eggs and tomato mixture among 4 serving bowls. Garnish with the coriander and serve with the toast.
Health bonus: Eggs are rich in choline (which belongs to the B vitamin group), and early lab research suggests good intakes may help improve memory.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
413 25.8g 15.7g 4.3g 9.5g 14.7g 1.5g 200mg 43.8g 4.8mg