- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 40g fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 long green chillies, chopped, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- ½tsp ground turmeric
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 400g waxy potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 200g light coconut milk – we used East End Coconut Milk Light
- 400g peeled raw prawns (tail on, if you like)
- 2 courgettes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown basmati rice, to serve
- Zest 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 100g baby spinach
- Put the onions, coriander, garlic, ginger, chillies, turmeric and cumin in a food processor and blitz to a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the spice paste and cook, stirring, for 2–3 min until fragrant. Add the potatoes, carrots, coconut milk and 250ml water, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 min or until the potato is nicely tender.
- Add the prawns and courgettes, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 min. Meanwhile, heat the rice according to the pack instructions. Stir the lime zest and spinach through the curry until just wilted, then serve with the steamed rice, garnished with the green chilli slices and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
413 26g 8.7g 4.1g 7g 8.5g 0.6g 145mg 53g 2.9mg