- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- Pinch hot chilli powder
- 2tbsp garam masala
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin lentils in water, drained
- 1tsp dark muscovado sugar
- 250g frozen peas
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 500g carrots, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, then add the mince and dry fry for 5 min or until browned all over. Add the onion and cook for 5 min. Add the spices and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes, lentils, sugar and 150ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 min. Add the peas and cook for 2 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potatoes and carrots in a large pan of boiling water for 15 min or until tender. Drain well, then mash with the garlic and season with ground black pepper.
- Heat the grill to high. Divide the mince among 6 ovenproof dishes, then top with the mash. Grill for a few min or until the tops are brown, then serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
318 25.6g 9.5g 3.9g 10.4g 13.8g 0.4g 92mg 34.5g 5mg