- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2tbsp medium curry paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml reduced-salt veg stock
- 175g dried red lentils, rinsed
- 800g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 250g low-fat natural yogurt
- 3tbsp finely chopped mint, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 150g spinach
- 500g cooked rice and 4tbsp mango chutney, to serve
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, to garnish
- Heat a little spray oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 5 min or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, lentils and butternut squash to the pan with 250ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, then cover and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft and the sauce thick. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt and chopped mint.
- Stir the spinach into the curry and cook for 1–2 min to wilt. Serve with the rice, topped with a dollop of the mint yogurt and mango chutney, and garnished with extra mint leaves and the sliced chilli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
530 22.3g 5.7g 1.1g 10.4g 30.8g 1.8g 353mg 103.9g 7.9mg