- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 reduced-fat sausages, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 500ml very-low-salt chicken stock
- 400g tin borlotti beans, rinsed
- 200g spinach
- Heat half the olive oil in a large flameproof casserole dish (one with a lid) over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sausages and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the casserole dish. When hot, add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook for 6–8 min until softened slightly.
- Return the browned chicken and sausages to the casserole dish, together with the rosemary, bay leaf, mustard and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover with the lid and simmer for 20 min.
- Add the borlotti beans and simmer for 10 min more or until the chicken and sausages are cooked through. Stir the spinach through the stew and cook for 1–2 min until it’s wilted, then divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
318kcal 39g 8.8g 2.3g 9.6g 9.4g 1.4g 182mg 21.5g 2.6mg