- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g lean casserole beef, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 600g waxy potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1tbsp miso paste
- 1tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp mirin or brown sugar
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes, finely sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 120g baby spinach
- Heat the slow cooker to high. Using the sauté function, heat the oil, then add the beef, in batches, and cook for 5 min to brown. Or use a large non-stick frying pan, then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Layer the beef, potatoes and ginger in the slow cooker. Mix the miso, soy sauce, mirin or brown sugar, chilli, if using, and 500ml boiling water in a jug. Add to the slow cooker, then cook on high for 6–8 hr.
- A few min before serving, heat the sesame oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry the pepper, courgettes and green beans until tender.
- Add the spinach to the slow cooker and stir through gently until just wilted. Serve the casserole with the stir-fried veg.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
485 49.4g 17.8g 5.9g 6.2g 7.2g 1g 103mg 28.6g 6.2mg