Pick up in store
- 280g pack firm tofu (we used The Tofoo Co)
- 40g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250g asparagus or green beans, roughly chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50g baby spinach
Check that you have
- 250g soba noodles
- 1½tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½tsp chilli flakes or to taste (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook for 3–5 min until tender. Drain and run under cold water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the tofu, agave nectar or maple syrup, about 3/4 of the peanuts and 2tbsp of the soy sauce in a blender or food processor and whiz until smooth. Add a little water and whiz again to make a creamy dressing.
- Put the sesame oil in a frying pan and heat over medium-high. Add the spring onions, garlic and asparagus or beans and cook,
stirring, for 2 min. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 4–5 min until the mushrooms are golden and the other vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat, add the remaining soy sauce and chilli flakes, if using, and stir to coat. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool for a few min.
- Add the noodles and the dressing to the bowl and toss to coat the noodles. Serve garnished with the remaining peanuts.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
425 21g 11g 1.7g 7.6g 9g 1.2g 48mg 55g 2.4mg