- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tsp smoked paprika, plus extra for dressing
- Spray cooking oil
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g kale, stalks removed, leaves sliced into ribbons
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 2tbsp reduced-salt gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 x 250g packet ready to heat rice and quinoa mix
- Heat the oven to 200°/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas and 1tsp smoked paprika and spray with oil. Season with black pepper and toss well.
- Spread the chickpeas on the prepared baking tray and bake for 18 min. Halfway through the cooking time, remove the tray from the oven, toss the chickpeas, then return them to the oven. When cooked, set aside to cool.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, heat 1tsp sesame oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 4 min until softened.
- Add the garlic, asparagus, spring onion and kale ribbons to the pan with the lime juice and 1tbsp of the soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1–2 min, then season with pepper.
- Combine the remaining paprika, sesame oil and soy sauce in a small jar with a lid. Seal with the lid and shake well.
- Heat the rice and quinoa according to the pack instructions, then divide between 2 serving bowls. Add the kale and mushroom mixture, then top with the chickpeas and drizzle with the dressing.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
509 23.8g 13.3g 2.1g 15.9g 8.3g 1.6g 190mg 65.1g 6.3mg