- 250g quinoa or bulgur wheat (or a mixture)
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1.2kg aubergine (about 5 small ones), topped, tailed and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1kg large tomatoes
- 60g flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into small dice
- 120g pine nuts
- 1 heaped tsp mixed spice
- Cook the quinoa or bulgur wheat according to the pack instructions, adding the stock cube to the pan with the water. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add half the aubergine and cook for around 8 min or until golden all over. Transfer the cooked aubergine to a plate, then repeat with the remaining oil and aubergine. (Aubergine sweats a great deal, which is why it’s important to cook it in two batches to allow
it to colour.)
- Cut the tomatoes across the middle, then use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop the hollowed-out tomatoes into medium dice.
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa and/or bulgur wheat, the aubergine and the tomatoes. Add the parsley, onions, pine nuts and mixed spice and toss to combine. Season with ground black pepper, then serve the tabbouleh at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
412kcal 12.4g 24.7g 2.6g 9.2g 15.3g 0.3g 103mg 37.9g 6.8mg