- Cooking oil spray
- 12 spring onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 8tbsp korma curry paste
- 900g pumpkin or squash, peeled and diced
- 160g red lentils
- 4tbsp desiccated coconut
- 320g green beans
- 8tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- 2 naan breads, warmed and cut into triangles, and lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and put over a medium heat. Add the spring onions and pepper and cook for 5 min or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the pumpkin or squash, lentils, coconut and 175ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20–25 min until the lentils are cooked. Add the beans for the last 5 min of cooking.
- Season the curry with pepper, then divide among 4 bowls. Top with the yogurt and garnish with the coriander, then serve with the naan breads and lemon wedges (if using) on the side.
Nutrition tip: Believe it or not, lentils can count towards your five-a-day. They have a low glycaemic index, too, so help to manage blood glucose levels – good news if you have diabetes.