- Cooking oil spray
- 2 large khobez wraps (widely available)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g lean lamb fillet or leg steak
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 100g passata
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 100g ricotta
- 50g reduced-fat mature cheese, grated
- Fresh oregano leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with oil. Put the wraps on the baking sheets and set aside.
- Mix the olive oil with the vinegar in a small bowl, then brush over the lamb. Cook the lamb and aubergine in a hot griddle pan until the lamb is cooked but still rare and the aubergine is golden. Rest the lamb for 5 min, then slice thinly (it will cook further in the oven).
- Spread the passata over the wraps, then top with the lamb, aubergine and pepper. Add spoonfuls of ricotta to each, then sprinkle over the grated cheese. Cook in the oven for 10–12 min until the bases are crisp and the toppings hot. Scatter with oregano and sprinkle with ground black pepper, then slice in half to serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
339 24.9g 13.5g 5.7g 3.7g 6.5g 0.9g 244mg 30.7g 2.2mg