- 3 carrots, diced
- 350g skin-on butternut squash or courgettes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 x 400g cans lentils in water, drained
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 25g bunch fresh mint, leaves torn
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 70g rocket
- 400g lean lamb leg steaks
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the carrots, squash or courgettes and peppers in a roasting tin and spray with oil. Roast for 25 min or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the lentils, feta, mint, lemon juice, garlic and rocket in a large bowl. Set aside.
- When around 10 min of the veg cooking time remains, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a high heat. Cook the lamb, turning, for 3–5 min for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil, then rest for 5 min.
- Add the roasted veg to the lentil mixture and stir gently to combine. Slice the lamb thickly, then divide everything among 4 plates, pour over any resting meat juices, and serve straightaway.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
388kcal 35g 13.2g 6.7g 14.1g 13.8g 1.4g 248mg 33.7g 7.8mg