- Cooking oil spray
- 600g lean lamb leg meat, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 4tbsp korma curry paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g dried brown or green lentils, drained
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 250g Swiss chard (stalks trimmed and central leaf veins removed) or spinach, chopped
- 6 poppadoms, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a high heat. Brown the lamb for 2 min, in batches, then remove to a plate.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and spray again with oil. Add the onions, carrot and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–6 min until soft. Add the curry paste and cook for 1–2 min more until fragrant.
- Return the lamb to the pan along with the tomatoes, lentils and 650ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hr 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pan, then replace the lid and simmer for another 20 min, stirring occasionally, or until everything is cooked and tender.
- Stir in the chard or spinach and simmer, uncovered, for 5 min or until the leaves soften and the curry is thickened. Meanwhile, prepare the popadoms according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the curry among bowls, garnish with coriander leaves, then serve with the poppadoms.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
417 33.4g 13.2g 4.1g 10g 11.2g 1.6g 122mg 43.2g 8.2mg