- Cooking oil spray
- 3 medium white potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 2 red onions, ½ finely chopped, 1½ cut into wedges
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ small bunch of mint, chopped
- ½tsp paprika
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and spray a large ovenproof dish with a little oil. Cook the potatoes and parsnips in a large pan of boiling water set over a medium heat for 8 min.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the meatballs, put the breadcrumbs into a medium bowl with the mince. Add the chopped onion to the bowl with the egg and half the mint and mix to combine.
- Shape the lamb mixture into 12 small meatballs, then add to the prepared dish with the onion wedges.
- Drain the potatoes and parsnips, then add to the dish. Spray with a little more oil, then sprinkle over the paprika and toss. Cook for 25–30 min, turning once and adding the cherry tomatoes for the final 5 min of cooking.
- Serve the bake sprinkled with the remaining chopped mint.
Tip: Make sure the potatoes and parsnips are cut into even-size chunks so they cook in the same amount of time.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
477kcal 28.9g 18.1g 7.1g 12.5g 13.7g 0.5g 124mg 53.2g 4.3mg