- 200g lean lamb mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 100g portobello or chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1½tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 400g can brown lentils in spring water, drained and rinsed
- 1 very low salt gluten-free chicken stock cube dissolved in 150ml boiling water
- 150g kale or chard, large stalks removed, chopped
- 2tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Lemon zest, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking dish with baking paper. In a large bowl or food processor, thoroughly combine the lamb mince, carrot, mushrooms, leek, parsley, chilli, ½tsp smoked paprika
and the egg. Form the mixture into small balls about the size of a golf ball, and arrange in the baking dish. Cook in the oven for 20–25 min, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over a medium heat, bring the lentils, stock and remaining paprika to a simmer. Simmer gently for 5 min, adding water if you need more liquid. Add the kale or chard and cook until soft.
- Divide the meatballs and spiced lentils between two bowls. Top with the yogurt and lemon zest, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
452 41g 14g 5g 12g 12g 0.9g 279mg 32g 9.9mg