- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g lean lamb, diced
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml reduced-salt beef stock
- 250ml red wine
- 500g fresh tagliatelle
- 4tbsp grated parmesan
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, parsnip and garlic, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the lamb and cook for 5 min or until browned all over. Transfer the lamb to the pan of veg, then add the tomato purée and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock, red wine and 250ml water to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 1 hr 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- When the ragoût is almost ready to serve, cook the fresh tagliatelle according to the pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Mix half the ragoût through the cooked pasta, then divide among 4 bowls. Top with the remaining ragoût, then serve sprinkled with the parmesan, parsley and some ground black pepper.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
690 41.7g 17.2g 5.3g 6.9g 13.8g 1g 230mg 87.4g 5.1mg