- 500g lean lamb leg steak, fat trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small courgettes, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 150g bulgur wheat
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 25g fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Zest and juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 6tbsp fat-free greek yogurt, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine the lamb pieces, oregano and 2tsp of the olive oil. Thread the lamb and courgette pieces on to skewers (see tip below).
- Put the bulgur wheat in a pan, cover with 1 litre boiling water and bring back to the boil, then simmer for 5 min. Turn off the heat and leave for 5 min, then rinse and drain in a sieve, pressing the bulgur with the back of a spoon to squeeze out any excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine the spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, feta, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and the bulgur wheat. Season with black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue to medium-high. Cook the skewers, turning, for 7-8 min or until cooked to your liking. Transfer skewers to a plate, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 3 min.
- Serve the skewers on a bed of bulgur salad, garnished with lemon wedges with yogurt on the side.
IF USING WOODEN SKEWERS, pre-soak them in water for 10 min before threading, to prevent burning.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
551kcal 37g 27g 10g 5.4g 9.5g 0.6g 183mg 36g 4.2mg